The Arvada Vision and Eye Clinic We offer an integrated approach to eyecare, incorporating the expertise of our Optometrists, Ophthalmologist, and certified Opticians. Together, we prescribe and provide the best in glasses, contact lenses, medication, or surgery. We tailor our treatment recommendations to each patient’s individual lifestyle and visual requirements.
Our Brief History Arvada Vision started in 1967 when Dr. Gordon Bashford merged his practice with the practice of Dr. Larry Garfield at our current location. From it’s inception, Arvada Vision has strived to be a leader in primary eyecare services in our area. Dr. Bashford and Garfield invested in new technologies often, and prided themselves on being state of the art. Our practice was a leader in contact lens fitting before contact lenses were main stream. As our clinic has grown, we have added additional doctors and Drs. Garfield and Bashford have retired, but we are true to their vision and founding principles. We are passionate about primary eyecare, we invest in new technology and we are skilled in fitting all types of contact lenses.
Technology at our Clinic
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT): Scanning laser that provides HD images of the macula and optic nerve for detection and monitoring of glaucoma, macular degeneration, and other diseases inside the eye.
- Digital Retinal Photography: Allows us to capture digital images of the inside of the eye to diagnose and monitor the inside of the eye.
- Corneal Topography: Maps the topography of the front surface of the eye. Essential to fitting contact lenses on irregular or challenging cases.
- Threshold Visual Field: Identifies subtle peripheral vision defects common in neurological disorders and glaucoma.
- YAG Laser: Used to remove cloudy lens capsule
- Visioffice: Digital measuring system to allow for customized glasses fitting.